Brantford Red Sox Readying for 2021 IBL Season
After the Intercounty Baseball League had to take the 2020 season off (for the first time in league history) due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Brantford Red Sox are now moving towards getting back on the field! Our home opener is now just one week away on Friday July 9th at 8 pm.
The Brantford Red Sox would like to remind all of our fans of the following for our return to play:
- Under Step 2 of ONTARIO'S REOPENING PLAN, capacity at Arnold Anderson Stadium will initially be limited to 25% (490 people). Ballpark capacity expands to 75% when Ontario enters Step 3 on Friday July 16
- Prior to leaving for the ballpark, we ask that you please conduct a health self-assessment. if you have been recently diagnosed with COVID-19, have been in contact with someone recently diagnosed, or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms we ask that you please stay home
- Social distancing measures will be in place and certain seats/sections may be unavailable. Fans are permitted to bring their own lawn chairs, please adhere to social distancing.
- All food and drink must be consumed in a seat. Coco's Corner beer garden will be open.
- Although strongly encouraged, masks are not required provided you are seated with members of your own household only, and every member of your household is seated at least two metres from every person outside your household
- Tickets and season passes are now available through our ONLINE PARTNER SEATGIANT, and also at the gate on game days (subject to availability)
- Season Pass holders: please note that your IBL Road Pass for admission to away games will not be valid during Step 2 of Ontario’s reopening, due to capacity restrictions at the league’s ballparks
- Those purchasing tickets at the gate will be required to provide contact tracing information as per local and provincial health regulations
- Due to technological limitations at the ballpark, currently all payments at the gate and concession stands will be cash only. We are working on providing contactless payment in the future, and apologize for any inconvenience
Although we are happy to be returning to the ballpark, this upcoming IBL season is still being undertaken with an extreme amount of caution as there is no set blueprint for returning to play in these times. Many aspects of this season will be an ongoing work-in-progress - returning to play must be balanced with health and safety, and there are numerous local and provincial measures that must be adhered to which will impact the traditional gameday experience.
The Brantford Red Sox organization thanks our fans in advance for their patience and understanding during this time, and we can't wait to see you back at Arnold Anderson Stadium!
The Brantford Red Sox were founded in 1911 and have won 15 Intercounty Baseball League titles. For all the latest news follow the Red Sox on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Subscribe to the Brantford Red Sox YouTube channel for live streaming of games this upcoming season.