Red Sox Homestand Kicks Off 2nd Half
In any other year, the Intercounty Baseball League would be knee deep in the playoffs at this point in the calendar. However due to the COVID-19 pandemic the 2021 season is unlike any other, and the Brantford Red Sox have just wrapped up the first 15 games of their 30 game regular season.
Brantford currently sits in 7th place in the IBL standings with a 4-11 record. However the team's record does not tell the whole story, as they only sit a few wins behind most of the league. Also, reinforcements are arriving this week with loosened border restrictions in bringing in import players.
First Half Stats Leaders:
- Batting Average - Gianfranco Morello .339, Colton Fountain .333
- Hits - Gianfranco Morello 19, Colton Fountain 17
- Walks - Nick Burdett, Liam Sutherland 7
- RBI - Gianfranco Morello 8
- Slugging % - Gianfranco Morello .464, Colton Fountain .373
- On Base % - Colton Fountain .424, Nick Burdett .404
- ERA - Adam Jafine 1.58
- Strikeouts - Kyle Lev 22
- Innings Pitched - Bennett Moore 21.2
After a couple of well-deserved days off, your Brantford Red Sox kick off the second half of their season with a 4 game home stand:
- Wednesday August 11 vs. Kitchener Panthers, 8pm - We welcome the Kitchener Panthers 12 U AAA team to the ballpark after their game earlier in the day at Cockshutt Park
- Friday August 13 vs. Toronto Maple Leafs, 8pm - Country Night at the ballpark! Wear your best country attire for a chance to win a prize pack
- Saturday August 14 vs. London Majors, 2pm - Brantford Minor Baseball Day. BMBA players wearing their jersey get in free, and have a chance to throw out the first pitch. This is also our last day game on the regular season schedule
- Wednesday August 18 vs. London Majors, 8pm
All home games take place at Arnold Anderson Stadium, tickets are available at brantfordredsox.com/tickets. Home games are also streamed live on our YouTube channel, be sure to subscribe and enable notifications so you don't miss any of the action!
The Intercounty Baseball League and the Brantford Red Sox encourage vaccination to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Please visit the Brant County Health Unit website for the latest information on vaccine clinics in the Brantford and Brant County area.
The Brantford Red Sox were founded in 1911 and have won 15 Intercounty Baseball League titles. For all the latest news follow the Red Sox on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Subscribe to the Brantford Red Sox YouTube channel for live streaming of games this season.