Brantford Red Sox Announce Postseason Schedule
BRANTFORD - The Brantford Red Sox have announced their schedule for the opening Quarterfinals round of the 2022 Intercounty Baseball League playoffs.
By virtue of their 8th place finish, the Brantford Red Sox will face the 1st place London Majors in the Quarterfinals. London clinched the IBL pennant on Thursday night after defeating the Guelph Royals in a one game sudden death game, as both teams were tied at the end of the regular season with identical 31-11 records.
Last season, the 7th seeded Brantford Red Sox defeated the 2nd place Kitchener Panthers in the Quarterfinals. Brantford advanced to the Semifinals for the first time since 2017, where they were defeated by the London Majors 2 games to 1. London would go on to win the IBL Championship, their first in 46 years.
This year the IBL Postseason features a best of 5 Quarterfinals round, followed by a best of 5 Semifinals, and then a best of 7 Finals.
- Game 1 - Brantford Red Sox at London Majors, Friday August 26 7:35 pm Labatt Park
- Game 2 - London Majors at Brantford Red Sox, Saturday August 27 8 pm Arnold Anderson Stadium
- Game 3 - Brantford Red Sox at London Majors, Sunday August 28 6:05 pm Labatt Park
- Game 4 - London Majors at Brantford Red Sox, Tuesday August 30 8 pm Arnold Anderson Stadium (if necessary)
- Game 5 - Brantford Red Sox at London Majors, Wednesday August 31 7:35 pm Labatt Park (if necessary)
Other Quarterfinals matchups feature the 2nd place Guelph Royals vs. the 7th place Hamilton Cardinals, the 3rd place Welland Jackfish vs. the 6th place Kitchener Panthers, and the 4th place Toronto Maple Leafs vs. the 5th place Barrie Baycats.
Advance tickets for Game 2 in Brantford are on sale now at brantfordredsox.com/tickets. Game 2 takes place Saturday August 27 at 8 pm at Arnold Anderson Stadium in Brantford. All fans in attendance will have a chance to win one of 100 t-shirts courtesy of the Brantford Red Sox and Brantford Apparel. Brantford will also host game 4 in the best of 5 series if necessary.